Hyperfine Diffraction Gratings
Hyperfine, Inc., established in 1969, is dedicated to the design and production fo research-quality OEM diffraction gratings. Hyperfine, Inc., was acquired by Zolo Technologies in 2001 and we have built on Hyperfine's 30 year heritage and combined it with ISO 9000 quality and manufacturing skills to assure our customers receive excellent products and service available nowhere else.
- Master Diffraction Gratings
- Classically ruled master diffraction gratings available for replication.
- Special order master gratings on spherical.
- Special rulings on water-cooled or light weighted substrates.
- Master gratings in Al and Au.
- Standard grating specifications available for replicationf from an inventory of master gratings.
- Replicated mirrors, aspheric surfaces.
- Unique substrates; light weighted, flexible, grisms, Al.
Vacuum Deposited Coatings
Zolo Technologies maintains an in house vacuum coating department in support of grating and grating replica production. Standard coatings are available from Gold, Aluminum, Silicon Dioxoide. Additionally, we have the capability to deposit exotic metals and multi-layer coatings. We have done vacuum deposited Tungsten, Iridium, Osmium, Platinum, and multi-layer x-ray coatings. Our largest coating chamber capacity is a size of 36 inches. We have deposited Al to a thickness of 30 micrometeres maintaing a lambda/10 surface figure over 6 inches. Additional capabilities include cryogenic pumped chambers for cleanliness, Ion-assisted deposition (IAD) adn Molecular Beam Epitaxis (MBE).
Zolo Technologies has the capability of type1 and type2 holographic exposures. We have slowly been developing the holographic process to try and add to our grating capabilities. Each type of grating, rules or holographic, will fulfill specific needs depending on the instrument.
Our laser and etching lab can produce diffraction gratings and exposure masks. Zolo Technologies currently has hologrpahic gratings on space born missions along side our ruled gratings.